Choose a Real Estate Agent
To BuyChoosing A
Agent Time to
Successful real estate transactions require a whole back-end of making important financial decisions, understanding legal issues and requirements, as well as an awful lot of paperwork. You’ll want not only somebody who specializes in this realm, but also someone who has lots of experience. Ideally, we all want a seamless process, but sometimes it just doesn’t go that way so you need someone who is calm under pressure with enough stamina to represent your interests well.
My team and I can guide you through this process, solve problems, and get you happily to the settlement table. We are also provide you with access to property listings before they hit the general market because we take the time to understand your needs and desires, your purchasing capacity, the neighborhoods you have in mind. We know Frederick and Washington counties in Maryland and also Franklin County, Pennsylvania, very well because we not only work here–we’re also neighbors.
Here are some tips to consider when choosing your real estate professional:
- Ask family, friends, and coworkers for referrals (and don’t forget to ask also via social media). Word-of-mouth is still the best reference.
- Check agent web sites. You’re looking for professionalism (full time versus part-time/hobby), recent listings, effective contact information, and a general sense of the person and her experience.
- Pick a winner: I personally have over $100 million in settled transactions, am a member of the RE/MAX Platinum Club since 2012, and am a Certified Distress Property Expert. You can also check Testimonials from my clients.
- When you’ve reached out to an agent, does he or she return your calls promptly? I’ll get back to you quickly, often within the business day.
- Choose an agent who listens attentively to your needs and concerns. You’ll want to work with someone with whom you feel comfortable.
Okay, now that you have your team suited up and your financing in place, it’s time to go shopping! Select the Time To Go Shopping icon and let the fun begin!