Revitalizing The Heart of Downtown Hagerstown, Maryland
Plans to fill the streets of Downtown Hagerstown with more arts and entertainment events, business opportunities and visitors are just a few of the goals for the city’s 10-year Downtown Hagerstown Economic Analysis and Implementation Plan. Already, the city’s Arts & Entertainment District is thriving with creativity and talent. In homage to the area’s impressive history, the district is creating impressive performance spaces, art galleries, museums, education centers, retail stores, and wonderful restaurants, namely:
- Bulls and Bears Pub & Eatery, featuring American cuisine in a New York style atmosphere.
- 28 South, a contemporary American restaurant highlighting fresh, local ingredients for an exceptional dining experience.
- Pretzel & Pizza Creations, a family run establishment with closely guarded recipes.
Then there’s the newly renovated Grand Piano event venue. Originally built in 1900, The Grand Piano Building has held many businesses in its storied past. From furniture, pianos and restaurants, to office space, this grand building has seen it all. Now its new owner, Mike Fitzgerald, plans to make the Grand Piano Building the premier office space in Hagerstown as well as providing a new restaurant, and catering services within the Grand Ballroom.
Many of the seasonal pop-up shop owners have decided to become permanent storefronts, including:
- Kendall Taylor Homes, selling vintage, up-cycled & painted furniture, unique finds, home decor and more.
- James & Jess’ House of Goods, specializing in antique, primitive, and vintage goods at reasonable prices.
The plan calls for eight catalytic projects including:
1) Strategy for Office Development and Recruitment
2) Maryland Theater Expansion Project
3) USMH Expansion Support Strategy
4) Hotel/Conference Center and Heritage Center/Commemorative Park Linking City Park and A&E District with Trail
5) New Housing
6) Expanded Downtown Arts/Events Programming Strategy
7) Expanded Operations of the City Farmers Market
8) Expanded and Targeted Home Ownership Support Strategies
You can view the complete ten-year plan on the official Hagerstown website.
Now is the perfect time to make the move to Hagerstown, Maryland, with the revitalization of the heart of downtown underway. If you’re in the market to buy or sell your home in Hagerstown or anywhere in North Central Maryland, Frederick or Washington County Maryland and Franklin County Pennsylvania, please contact me at 301-514-3785 or email me at email@example.com. Let’s get busy finding your dream home in historic Hagerstown now!